Okay so I am a little terrible at this whole “consistency in writing” thing–if you hadn’t noticed. I am working on it I really am, but please just continue to be patient with me. It’s a lot harder than it looks! I have a bit of trouble pausing my adventures to write about them, it is so much more fun (for me) to live them all the way through and then come back and fill you in . . . which is what I will be doing later this week on my adventure in Florida and the exciting ski news of the weekend!
Okay but as it is Monday and I didn’t quite get to it last week, here is the Monday List I owe you (and I think #1 explains last week)
The Top 6 Reasons Why it is Okay to Skip a Blog Post:
- You are enjoying sunny Florida (or another wonderful place) in the middle of February (or any other time) and are too caught up in all the beautiful and wonderful things around you to pause life and go sit at your computer for 30+ minutes.
- You are tired and need to take a nap/go to bed embarrassingly early–this is the case more often that I am willing to admit and was almost the case tonight but I made a cup of tea and pulled it together!
- Your computer is dead or dying and the charger is REALLY far away!
- You started writing but then someone tweeted at you so you reply and then decide to see what else is happening on Twitter and then you check your email and Facebook and LinkedIn and read a few blogs and get a phone call. You decide to make some tea and while you’re at it you haven’t been on Pintrest in a few hours so you’ll just take a peek and Oops there goes the rest of your day . . .
- It is Monday and well, I think just the fact that it’s Monday says it all.
- THERE IS NO MORE COFFEE!! At which point you have serious issues to address and all blogging possibilities must be postponed until the situation is remedied and back under control!
On the whole this has been a very out of character winter for the US weather-wise. While some are complaining, given that winter has always been my favorite time of year I can’t help but enjoy it! Although not even I can say I enjoyed the frigid temperature from last week, it hit -28 F here and that is just a bit too cold for me, but I will take all the snow the sky will give and snow is exactly what we are getting today.
In honor of todays plentiful precipitation I have decided to do a sort of “Snow Day How-To” for us pseudo-adults who sometimes forget that snow-days used to be better than Christmas!
10 Ways to Spend Your Snow Day
- Sleep in and stay in your pyjamas ALL day.
- Snuggle up on the couch in front of the fire with a blanket, cup of coffee/tea/hot chocolate/other hot beverage, and a good book.
- Bundle up and head out for a day of skiing, snowboarding, snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, ice skating, or partake in another winter sport.
- Make a snowman, snow angel, snow fort, and have a snowball fight with some friends.
- Go sledding! Or for an adult twist, have some people over for dinner, have a few drinks, and go night sledding with flashlights.
- Pop a big bowl of popcorn and have a movie marathon, several Disney movies, or a trilogy perhaps?
- Build a fire and roast marshmallows for s’mores.
- Try a few of the Pintrest recipes or crafts that you have been hoarding on your boards for a rainy (or in this case snowy) day.
- Open a bottle of wine and watch the flakes fall outside your window and maybe make some of your own? When was the last time you made a paper snowflake?
- Spoil yourself–go in a hot tub, take a bubble bath, have an at-home-spa-day, and eat lots of chocolate!
That all sounds so good I may just have to see if I can do them all today. I really do recommend Number 5 though, night sledding has always been my favorite winter activity whether alcohol is involved or not. Enjoy the snow!
I have always had an affinity for lists and as part of my write-more-regularly New Years Resolution I thought I would post a weekly list, I am aiming for every Monday but we will see how it goes. These are going to be random mostly I think, but I think it will be fun. If you have list topic suggestions feel free to let me know in the comments!
- Travel More! I am currently working on a European adventure and hopefully that will work out for this Spring!
- Move Out! I currently live in my parents ski house and while I love the no rent situation I am 21 years old and need to get my own place. I am planning to move to Chicago this summer so that should solve that problem.
- Be Decisive! I am a rather opinionated person, which I am sure you have gathered from my previous posts but I have a tendency to not make social decisions and let someone else take charge. I want that to change. I have an opinion and I want to share it!
- Get a Grown-Up Job! This is the big one hanging over every recent graduates head and I am feeling good about it at the moment. I don’t mind being a professional coffee maker for the summer but come September it would be really nice to have a real job with a real paycheck and a real way to pay my bills.
- Exercise! This one is the most unrealistic of the bunch but you need at least one difficult goal right? Now I am not talking running or anything ridiculous like that! But some nice yoga or stretching or tennis or anything really would be a nice change from my current regiment of sitting at my computer or on the couch. Yes I know I ski regularly but that only works for me until March/April.
- Organize my Recipes! I have been meaning to put them together into a recipe book for years and 2013 is going to be the year for the kitchen! I am going to get my act together and start cooking more exciting meals and doing it more often. At the moment I make way too many English muffin pizza bagels than can be good. Maybe I’ll even start sharing some of the recipes I try out, only the good ones of course!
- And for my final goal, I want to Publish More! I have done a few freelance jobs, and written a few published pieces that are floating around the inter-webs, but not nearly enough for someone looking to enter the world of writing. So 2013 is going to be the year that I send in some of my fiction pieces and get my butt in gear in terms of writing in general. No more complacency it’s time to get serious!
So that is my list for the week and please if you have list suggestions I am serious I would love to hear them. Your suggestions might just be the push I need to really get Goal Number Seven to happen!