On the whole this has been a very out of character winter for the US weather-wise. While some are complaining, given that winter has always been my favorite time of year I can’t help but enjoy it! Although not even I can say I enjoyed the frigid temperature from last week, it hit -28 F here and that is just a bit too cold for me, but I will take all the snow the sky will give and snow is exactly what we are getting today.
In honor of todays plentiful precipitation I have decided to do a sort of “Snow Day How-To” for us pseudo-adults who sometimes forget that snow-days used to be better than Christmas!
10 Ways to Spend Your Snow Day
- Sleep in and stay in your pyjamas ALL day.
- Snuggle up on the couch in front of the fire with a blanket, cup of coffee/tea/hot chocolate/other hot beverage, and a good book.
- Bundle up and head out for a day of skiing, snowboarding, snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, ice skating, or partake in another winter sport.
- Make a snowman, snow angel, snow fort, and have a snowball fight with some friends.
- Go sledding! Or for an adult twist, have some people over for dinner, have a few drinks, and go night sledding with flashlights.
- Pop a big bowl of popcorn and have a movie marathon, several Disney movies, or a trilogy perhaps?
- Build a fire and roast marshmallows for s’mores.
- Try a few of the Pintrest recipes or crafts that you have been hoarding on your boards for a rainy (or in this case snowy) day.
- Open a bottle of wine and watch the flakes fall outside your window and maybe make some of your own? When was the last time you made a paper snowflake?
- Spoil yourself–go in a hot tub, take a bubble bath, have an at-home-spa-day, and eat lots of chocolate!
That all sounds so good I may just have to see if I can do them all today. I really do recommend Number 5 though, night sledding has always been my favorite winter activity whether alcohol is involved or not. Enjoy the snow!