I have always had an affinity for lists and as part of my write-more-regularly New Years Resolution I thought I would post a weekly list, I am aiming for every Monday but we will see how it goes. These are going to be random mostly I think, but I think it will be fun. If you have list topic suggestions feel free to let me know in the comments!
- Travel More! I am currently working on a European adventure and hopefully that will work out for this Spring!
- Move Out! I currently live in my parents ski house and while I love the no rent situation I am 21 years old and need to get my own place. I am planning to move to Chicago this summer so that should solve that problem.
- Be Decisive! I am a rather opinionated person, which I am sure you have gathered from my previous posts but I have a tendency to not make social decisions and let someone else take charge. I want that to change. I have an opinion and I want to share it!
- Get a Grown-Up Job! This is the big one hanging over every recent graduates head and I am feeling good about it at the moment. I don’t mind being a professional coffee maker for the summer but come September it would be really nice to have a real job with a real paycheck and a real way to pay my bills.
- Exercise! This one is the most unrealistic of the bunch but you need at least one difficult goal right? Now I am not talking running or anything ridiculous like that! But some nice yoga or stretching or tennis or anything really would be a nice change from my current regiment of sitting at my computer or on the couch. Yes I know I ski regularly but that only works for me until March/April.
- Organize my Recipes! I have been meaning to put them together into a recipe book for years and 2013 is going to be the year for the kitchen! I am going to get my act together and start cooking more exciting meals and doing it more often. At the moment I make way too many English muffin pizza bagels than can be good. Maybe I’ll even start sharing some of the recipes I try out, only the good ones of course!
- And for my final goal, I want to Publish More! I have done a few freelance jobs, and written a few published pieces that are floating around the inter-webs, but not nearly enough for someone looking to enter the world of writing. So 2013 is going to be the year that I send in some of my fiction pieces and get my butt in gear in terms of writing in general. No more complacency it’s time to get serious!
So that is my list for the week and please if you have list suggestions I am serious I would love to hear them. Your suggestions might just be the push I need to really get Goal Number Seven to happen!